16.9.15

Wait, This Isn't Out on Blu-ray? (part I)

INT. MOVIE VAULT - HIGH NOON

You know the feeling, right?

You walk over to your Blu-ray shelf to pull down that classic movie you love so much. Then you pause, it dawns on you that it's not going to be there. You never actually bought it. Oh sure you have the DVD, probably the LaserDisc too, and maybe even the VHS tucked away in the basement somewhere, but you don't have the shiny new high-def transferred Blu-ray.

And then you realize the terrible truth: That's because it's not out yet!

This is a list of movies I desperately want on Blu-ray.

No reason to go into a long speech about why, I just want them. Now. No questions asked.

CUT TO:

THE LIST

The Abyss (1989)
- Can you believe the DVD I have isn't even in anamorphic widescreen?!


Salute of the Jugger (1989)
- No, I mean a proper version, not the edited AND pan/scanned one released in Scandinavia.


Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)


Pretty in Pink (1986)
- It's John Hughes! What are you doing?! Get this out on disc!


Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
- It's effing John Hughes! What the eff are you doing?! Get this out on effing disc!


Dragonslayer (1981)


Stakeout (1987)


Romeo Is Bleeding (1993)


Little Darlings (1980)
- It's Tatum O'Neal and Kristy McNichol being slutty! Come on!


The Thing (1951)


Year of the Dragon (1985)


Great Expectations (1998)
- Screw the Lean version, THIS is the one I want!


Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed (2004)


Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (2004)


Nobody's Fool (1994)
- Paul Newman AND Jessica Tandy died making this (well, not really) and you can't give this a proper release? Come on!


Last Night (1999)


Spartan (2004)


Cast a Deadly Spell (1991)


The Gate (1987)
- As a general rule ALL 80's movies should be out on Blu-ray.


The Golden Child (1986)


Alien Nation (1988)
- The aliens get drunk on sour milk! Come on!


Solar Crisis (1990)
- Yeah, I know it's shit, but it's sci-fi, and I want it!


CUT TO:

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Oh, and you thought that was it? Noooooo! How about these?

The Gate II, Multiplicity, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Fright Night II, Remember the Daze, Crossroads, What a Girl Wants, Life as a House, Lost & Delirious, Threesome, Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, Spice World, Dancing at the Blue Iguana, General’s Daughter, A Better Way to Die, Wind Chill and Wisegirls.

I want every single one of these, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Okay, maybe Spice World a little bit. Actually no, I love it.


WRAP-UP

Now, I don't claim to be perfect (not true, I claim that all the time), but on the off chance that any of these are available anywhere, PLEASE email me!

Oh, and as you'll notice I've called this part I, because you know there's going to be a part II, right? Those freakin' guys just won't release the blu-rays I want.

CUT TO BLACK

No comments:

Post a Comment