5.5.10

Introduction to The Harry Potter Revisit Project

I don't really like Harry Potter.

There's no denying, however, that the books and the films have been hugely successful - quite absurdly so, in fact - so I can't help but feel that it's my duty, as a professional film geek, to be familiar with these films. I don't think I'll ever grow to love them, but I should know them. At this moment, I can barely tell one from the other. I have seen all the films once, though. I saw the first three at the cinema, but then I lost interest and only caught the next three on DVD.


Since the first part of the final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I, is scheduled to be released later this year, this is the perfect time to reacquaint myself with the popular franchise.

So I got this idea for a little project: I'll be getting a tiny break from my weekly film review podcast in the next couple of weeks, so I'll watch all six Harry Potter films again, and review them on this very blog!

Inspired!

Here's how it's going to play out: I'll watch a film one day, write the review the following day, and then move on to the next film. The schedule is, as follows:

The Schedule
Thursday 6th: Philosopher's Stone (2001) Review
Saturday 8th: Chamber of Secrets (2002) Review
Monday 10th: Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) Review
Wednesday 12th: Goblet of Fire (2005) Review
Friday 14th: Order of the Phoenix (2007) Review
Sunday 16th: Half-Blood Prince (2009) Review

This is, of course, subject to change. I may discover that I just can't stand the whole thing, and give up halfway through, or I may suddenly get the urge to strangle myself in the middle of yet another spell, but we'll see how it goes. I'm fairly confident I can pull it off. Tomorrow I'll screen the first film: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment